If you are in need of some inspiration for your Christmas lunch, read on for some top tips from our new head chef...
Jenius Social's head chef, Andrew Clements, joins us from Jamie Oliver's Fifteen restaurant.
Here are his handy hints for Christmas day:
- Add spices such as star anis, cloves, cinnamon, bay-leafs, peppercorns, or juniper berries, to any drink to give it a festive twist.
- The key to avoiding a dry turkey is to baste, baste, baste! Tilt the roasting tray and let the juices flow into the corner. Using a spoon, pour this liquid over the turkey. The more this is repeated the juicier the meat will be.
- Stud oranges with cloves to create a Christmassy scent for the dining room.
And for the perfect roast potatoes:
- Desiree potatoes are the best to use. Cut into even sizes, and boil in salted water for 10 minutes.
- Once drained, give them a shake to allow the edges to become fluffy.
- Preheat oven to 220c, and pre-heat baking trays with 3 tbsps of goose or duck fat.
- Transfer the potatoes evenly onto the hot trays and leave them to crisp up. Occasionally turn. ...DELICIOUS!