· 1 White Onion, chopped
· 2 Garlic Cloves, chopped
· 3cm of Ginger, grated
· 6 ripe Tomatoes
·½ tsp Sunflower Oil
· 1 tsp Cumin
· 2 tsp Coriander
· 1 tsp Chilli Flakes
· 1 tsp Yeast Extract
· 4 tbsp Red Lentils
· 6 tbsp Cream of Coconut
· 1 head of Broccoli, cut into florets
· 400g cooked Chickpeas
· 100g Baby Spinach
· juice of half a Lemon
· 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds
· 1 tbs Cashew Nuts
1. Put onion, garlic, ginger, and tomatoes in a food processor and blend to a puree.
2. Heat the oil in a large pan and fry the spices for 30 seconds to release the aromats.
3. Add the puree and yeast extract and cook for 2-3 mins.
4. Add the lentils and coconut cream and cook until lentils are tender.
5. Add brocollli and cook for 4 mins.
6. Add cooked chick peas, spinach and lemon juice.
7. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped cashew nuts.
8. Serve with brown rice.
*Tips - Use any colour lentil and for the spicing, use it a guide!
Love this recipe? Check our Indian Street Food Class where we show you how to cook this delicious curry and more!