· 225g Unsalted Butter
· 225g Caster Sugar
· 225g Self Raising Flour
· 4 Eggs
· Juice/Zest of a Lemon
· 85g Caster Sugar
· 2 lemons, juiced
1. Beat Butter and Sugar together.
2. Add Eggs, one at a time.
3. Sift Flour and add Flour and followed by the zest.
4. Line Loaf Tin and level the top.
5. Bake for 40-45mins at 180 degree celsius.
1. Combine ingredients and bring to the boil.
2. Once the cake is cooked make holes using a toothpick or folk.
3. Pour over the liquid allowing to fall into the sponge through the holes.