- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 400g Desirée Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 Red Onions, roughly chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- 200g Chorizo Sausage, skinned
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp Flat Parsley Leaves, chopped
- 1 Red Chilli, chopped
- 1 Roasted Red Pepper, diced
- 6 Eggs
1. Heat two-thirds of the olive oil in a frying pan. When it is hot, put in the potatoes and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes. Add the onions, salt lightly and continue to cook for another 10 minutes or so.
2. In the meantime, cut the chorizo in 2mm slices. Add to the frying pan with the garlic chilli and parsley. Mix well, without crushing the potatoes, and cook for another 2 minutes. Tip everything on to a plate and leave to cool slightly. Wipe out the frying pan with kitchen paper, ready for cooking the tortilla.
3. Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Heat the remaining olive oil in the frying pan. Using a spoon, mix the cooled potato mixture delicately into the eggs and add the roasted red peppers, then pour into the pan. Start cooking over a moderate heat, stirring gently every few minutes with the side of a fork, as if making an omelette.
4. As soon as the eggs are half-cooked, stop stirring, and cook over a very low heat for 2-3 minutes, until the underside of the tortilla is almost cooked. Slide it on a lightly oiled platter, then invert it back into the pan and cook for another 2 minutes, until both sides are cooked the same and the middle of the tortilla is still soft.
5. Slide the tortilla on to a plate a serve it whole or cut into wedges.
Enjoy our tortilla recipe? Why not join our Mediterranean Street Food class and discover how to make other delicious dishes in 2 hours!