· 2 medium sized seabass fillets
· Cling film
· Salt & pepper
· 6 Basil leaves
· 60g White Crab Meat
1. Fillet and pin bone the seabass.
2. Pick through the white crab meat thoroughly discarding all shell.
3. Score the skin side of the seabass fillet and season well with salt and pepper.
4. Place 3 basil leaves and the white crab meat on top of the seabass fillet, roll and wrap tightly in cling film.
5. Steam the seabass fillets for 4 – 5 minutes until cooked.
· 1 small bunch of watercress
· 1 tbsp. virgin olive oil
· 200g purple sprouting broccoli (trimmed)
· 60g white crab meat
· Lemon juice
· Salt & pepper
1. Wash the watercress and dry well.
2. Prepare and blanch the purple sprouting in boiling salted water, refresh into cold water to stop the cooking.
3. Using a speed peeler take nice long thin strips from the radish and place into cold water to keep them crisp.
4. Pick any large stalks off the watercress and discard.
5. Mix the watercress, radish, purple sprouting, olive oil, lemon juice and seasoning together.
6. Serve the salad as an accompaniment to the steamed sea bass fillets with a drizzle of basil oil.
· 300ml extra virgin olive oil
· 4 cloves garlic
· 100g basil
· Sea salt
· Squeeze lemon juice
1. Peel the cloves of garlic and bash once with a large knife and place into the oil this will start to release the flavours.
2. Very gently warm the olive oil in order to poach the garlic, do not raise the temperature too high or it will start to fry and taste bitter.
3. Add all the basil and continue to infuse in the warm oil for approx 30 minutes.
4. Remove the garlic and liquidise the oil on full power until smooth.
5. Pass through a fine sieve and season with sea salt and lemon juice.
Want to learn how to make this dish? Sign up for our Fine Dining DIY class today!