Strawberry and Champagne Posset
- 140g Fresh British Strawberries
- 2 Tbsp Champagne
- 200ml Double Cream
- 4 Tbsp Golden Caster Sugar
- 2 Tsp Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 1 Vanilla Pod (scrape out seeds)
- Blitz the fresh strawberries (can use frozen, but defrost first) with the champagne until a smooth puree, pass twice through a sieve to remove any pulp or seeds
- In a sauce pan, heat up your cream, sugar and vanilla until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat up and allow to boil for 2-3 mins (stirring throughout)
- Turn off the heat and stir in the puree
- Divide the mixture into your choice of moulds, allow to chill for 20 mins then add the freeze dried and continue to chill for a further 2 hours before serving
Do you want to learn more about other classic French desserts? Our Classic French Desserts Class will inspire you to get creative with strawberries.